Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 7

A picture of your most treasured item

When I read this one I started to cry. Simply because my most treasured item is lost.

My most treasured item  is this aquamarine ring that belong to my Great
Grandma Redd. It is a ring that she gave to my mom on her prom night,
 and my mom gave it to me on my prom night.
I let my sisters wear this ring on their prom night and I also wore the ring on my
wedding day.
Noah decided to play in my jewelry box a couple months ago and thought the ring would be a fun item to play with. I tore up my mom's house trying to find it for hours and days and still no ring to be found.
My Grandma Redd is someone that I didn't know very well. I was four when she passed.
But for some reason I have always felt very close to her. I know she felt the same way too. I hear stories how I would always sit on her lap and talk to her and play with her face. How I would love to just be near her. When she passed away my Grandma Hurst (her daughter) felt like I should get her temple apron. So that is my second most treasured item.
 I believe that she is my guardian angel. I have felt her spirit around me in times of need. I have felt her arms around me and her telling me that it will all be okay. I love my Grandma Redd and wish that I could have known her better. And I can't wait for the day that I get to see her again.
So this post is going to be left picture less until I find the ring
or go through the temple and get to wear her apron for the first time.

No comments: