Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Las Vegas

I am so far behind on my blogging it is not even funny. Oh well. If you really want to know what we have been up to. Call me! lol
So for memorial day the boys and I decided to take a couple days off work and head to Vegas to go see my momma! Noah was so excited to go see Taylor he kept asking if we were at Taylor's house yet. And then telling me how him and Taylor are going to sleep in his sleeping bag, and ride on Poppa Z's tractor and go swimming. They boys were so good driving there. Didn't cry or fuss and just sat and played with their toys and talking to each other. Then we hit the Dam. I HATE crossing the dam in the late afternoon on a holiday weekend. It took us two hours of sitting in line just to cross the damn dam (lol) And all was good until Noah told me he had to pee. Well there is no place for us to pull over so Noah learned how to pee in a bottle. He wasn't sure about it at first but then he thought is was so funny he kept laughing, and asked if we could do it again. Did I mention that I LOVE having boys! 

Hudson and Taylor both came over to play and one thing that Grandma Shell made the boys do before we could go swimming was picking up pine cones. If you have ever seen my parents front yard you would understand. They have at least 10-12 pine trees all over the yard. When Noah saw what they had to do he said “WAIT!! I need my easter basket!” Ran inside and grabbed a basket. To my surprise I think the boys would have picked up pine cones all day if they could have.

Ever since Noah saw the Special Agent Oso episode about how to pick strawberries he wants to go pick strawberries. He will go out to our yard and pretend to do so. So when he found out that Grandma Shell has strawberries he could go pick! He was so excited! When we went inside Nicklaus saw the strawberries and got so mad because he didn’t have one. Once Noah gave him one life was all good again.

My friend Sara and her little girl Kate came over to play/visit with us. The kids had so much fun playing together. Kate learned how to deal with boys. Nicklaus fell in love with Kate and Sara and I had a blast just talking and catching up. 

To our surprise my uncle Howard, Aunt Cheryl, Cousin Matt and his wife Courtnie were in town too. So that was fun to be able to see them. We also went swimming one day and had a BBQ at my brothers house. The best part of the trip for Noah was 1. riding on poppa z's tractor 2. feeding the chickens and finding eggs. 3. picking strawberries.

It was a great trip and we had a blast!

3 comments:

Mel said...

haha- i love your description of the pee bottle. but seriously, this is so a month ago. now its time for your next vegas trip

Sara said...

It was fun catching up!

Kate also learned how little boys go pee. It was the funniest thing ever!

Noah decides that he needs to go pee, so he stands over the grass, whips it out and lets it go! Well Kate, never having seen this before, runs over and bends down to get a good look.

I think Kate was thinking "Oh look a fountain!" because she then proceeds to stick her hand in the yellow stream.

Anna and I both jump up and start yelling at our kids. It was pretty hilarious.

KinderTeach said...

Too bad you couldn't have come up this week. It would have been fun seeing you again