Friday, November 12, 2010

Off on another adventure

So the boys and I are off on another adventure right now. For the time being we are lucky enough to be back in Vegas and spending some time with my family.

It has been so wonderful the last couple of weeks watching my mom play with Nick and Noah and how it has gone from slowly wonder if grandma shell is okay to letting her comfort them when they get hurt and going with her on shopping adventures.
My dad has never been actively involved in his childrens lifes, but with my boys he has been such a great grandpa. He plays with them and shares his coke and hoho's and will just lay down on the floor and let them crawl all over him. Taking Noah and Nick for rides on his tractor and to feed the chickens.

I am so grateful for my parents and all of their love and support that they have shown me, not just the last couple of weeks; which have been unbelievably hard, but with my whole life. I have never doubted if they ever loved me or not. In all of their words and deeds I knew.
Thank you mom and dad for putting up with me and my rotten boys. I love you guys.

3 comments:

Mel said...

dito

Devin said...

yeup, yeup. we've got wonderful amazing parents! love you!

Mike + Mo said...

Glad your in Vegas! I think we all need a good lunch date. Mel you too!