Sunday, November 14, 2010

D & C 11: 25-26

25-Deny not the spirit of revelation, nor the spirit of prophecy, for wo unto him the denieth these things.
26- Therefore, treasure up in your heart until the time which is in my wisdom that you shall go forth.

While readying this afternoon this particular scripture jumped out and bit me. I never thought of myself have being able to receive revelation. I have always been a member of the church and knew of others who received it. And I never doubted the truth behind their own revelations, promptings, guidance from the lord. I just never thought of myself as being worthy enough to have my own.

Till one day while driving down the street, it hit me that I needed to have another baby. I started laughing because Collin and I had just had a huge fight and I had left the home for about a week and then made him stay over at his mom's house for a week before I would let him move back in. I kept thinking to myself, there is NO WAY we should be having a baby right now!
But the thought wouldn't leave me, and I kept chalking it up to just being baby hungry. Noah was getting older and no longer wanted to sit and cuddle with me, I just wasn't his everything anymore. I told Collin that I wanted to have another baby and to my surprise he said okay. Couple months later I was pregnant with Nickalus Alan. I have had it reassured to me several different times that Nicklaus is supposed to be mine. That he was sent to my family for a specific reason.

This last time that I have received revelation from the Lord I denied it several different times. Finally I said okay, I will get started on leaving Arizona and heading back to Las Vegas. Without my husband. Each and every step I took to prepare myself and my children I had this unwavering peace around me. I had strength that i never knew I had. And one night I got word to leave now. So the next day I fixed my car, started packing somethings and called a friend over to receive a priesthood blessing. In that blessing I felt the spirit stronger than ever that I was on the right track, and that my boys and I would be taken care of.
I knew without a doubt that leaving would be one of the hardest things I EVER had to do. That it wouldn't be like the last times when I would leave for a week, cool off over whatever fight we had. But that when I left I didn't know when or if I would be coming back.
I talked to Collin wed morning. Packed up the car and left. Angels watched over my car as I drove. They surrounded my boys and i every step of the way. and when I pulled up to my mom's house. They walked with me as I dragged two very tired little boys inside. And my father as he helped bring in our stuff felt the spirit and the angels all around us that it brought him to tears.

While the last couple of weeks have been so difficult that it hurts to move and get out of bed sometimes; i know without a doubt that I am where i need to be. I don't know what would have happened if I would have stayed in Arizona and not left when I did. But i do know that i am being blessed for following the spirit and putting my trust in him.

You never know what will happen if you don't follow the promptings of the spirit. Could be as simple as losing a book. Or as devastating as something awful happening to your family because you didn't listen and go when you were told to. Or you will never know why you were told to stay when you wanted to leave. The Lord does work in mysterious ways. I am so thankful everyday for me being worthy enough to receive revelation from the Lord for my family. And for the spirit giving me enough strength to do what is right and follow the gospel.

2 comments:

Devin said...

you're awesome! so proud of you sister dear. love you! see you soon

Sara said...

Devin is right, you are awesome! Love you!