Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Keeping Christ In Christmas

Growing up my Grandma Zobrist would always give the grandkids, 12 days of christmas presents. The last one always being pajamas to wear christmas eve. As we have grown up and she passed away the only part of that tradition that my family has carried on is giving pajamas on christmas eve. And that is usually the only present that we were allowed to open.
I LOVE the idea of the 12 days of christmas, but I have noticed that each year it is harder and harder to keep christ in christmas. I so easily get so caught up in shopping, baking, wrapping, the parties that I forget about christ. The whole reason that we EVEN have christmas!
So in church this past week we were talking about ways that we can help keep Christ in Christmas and one lady said she has a friend that every night leading up to christmas her family sings a song and reads a scripture about Christ. I decided, that is what I want to do with my kids. What a great way to help bring the spirit of Christ into your house each and everyday!
Unfortunately I coud not find a site or any place on-line that already had picked out scriptures and songs to go together for such an occasion. So this is my make-shift list, which I am sure as the years go on will be updated and fixed into something much much better. And these are not in any particular order yet. One day (prob next year) I will get that fixed too.
If you have any thoughts on songs with scriptures please let me know!

1. Luke 2:15-16 with Little Town Of Bethlehem

2. Helaman 14: 4-6 Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem

3. Matt 11:11 We Three Kings

4. Luke 2: 9-12 Angels We Have Heard On High

5. Luke 2:7 What Child Is This

6. Matt 1: 20-25 Josephs Song (Michael Card)

7. Isaiah 7:14 Mary Did You Know

8. Luke 2: 8-11 Do You Hear What I Hear

9. Luke 2:4 Little Donkey, Little Donkey

10. Helaman 14:4 O Holy Night

11. Alma 7:10 Mary Sweet Mary

12. 2 Nephi 19:6 Silent Night

1 comment:

Mel said...

cute idea- i think i might steal it