Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Noah's 1st Talk

On Sunday Noah gave a talk in primary for the very first time.
The week before he came home with a note attached to his shirt saying
"Noah Campbell volunteered to give a talk on Sunday Sept 13Th, 2010
Theme: I obey Jesus Christ because I love him."

My first thought was "NNNOOOOO!!!!!!"
the very second was what kind of topic is that? That is a sentence, NOT a topic/theme.

So I called my mom and asked for her advise. She pointed me to some cute websites that I could print some pictures off and have Noah just say what he does to obey Jesus.

The next battle was getting Noah to color the pictures. He kept refusing so I just made him sit next to me while we talked about what each picture was and what he was going to say about it for his talk.

So the big day came, and just was we were walking out of the house (Side note: Collin had to work so I was flying solo) my friend Jennie Raye called, she had gotten a flat tire on the side of the freeway. She has NO idea HOW to change a tire, and her husband was sound asleep with a dead cell phone sitting next to him.

So I grab my apron and we raced to Jennie to change her tire, (yes I changed it in heels and a dress- go me!)then raced to church to make it with 10 min to spare until talk time.

Noah did so well, he said his lines and told about each picture. Then right before he closed he just popped the word Bum Bum in before "in the name of Jesus Christ amen".

That's my little booger.

2 comments:

Mel said...

youve got to give him props for knowing his audience--- he knew what they wanted and he delivered. a sign of a good comedian.

Sara said...

Ok, so I learned that I don't have your email! Crazy huh!? Well just leave me a comment on the I-Spy Blog with your name and email and I will get you in on the total awesomeness that is I-Spy Quilting! Have your mom do the same thing if she wants and if you know of any friends/family that would like to do that is great too, just have them post! I just need to know by the end of Sunday. Here is my email, just incase you don't have it, supersara85athotmaildotcom.

Oh, by the way, the 'bum bum' comment is really funny!!