Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh fast fast the time goes!

Nicklaus turned one! I can't believe that my baby is that old now, walking and talking and beating up his brother. For everyones birthday (at least here in AZ) I am in charge of making the cakes. For Nick's birthday we decided to have a monkey cake. I found the cutest pan from Wilton. And of course because NOTHING ever goes as planned. I didn't get to decorate his cake earlier in the day like I wanted to. So about 1 hour before his party I rush over to my in-laws with the frosting and all my cake colors. I open up my brown, and it has dried out! (The fact that I was at the store earlier in the day just makes me even more upset about this- because had I known then I could have gotten more!) So I am trying to mix colors and make a brown, a lite tan and a black (which that color ALSO had dried out!) So my monkey didn't come out how I wanted it to, and Nick is to young to realize that his monkey is more of a poop brown to even care, all he cares about is if it is yummy! (which it was) And for whatever reason I just could not get my leafs right either. So this cake is such a disaster I just have to laugh it off.




This is Nick with his birthday ball, he loves to play with balls so I got one from walmart and had everyone at his party sign it with a birthday message for him. This is his favorite present by far!

2 comments:

Mel said...

wow anna that cake is so cool!! justin and i were both just stunned- you did a great job!! you can make my bday cake- i want strawberry shortcake.

Sara said...

Anna, that cake was AWSOME!! All I can seem to get right in the cake department is cupcakes. You totally need to come teach me how to do that and I will do a scentsy party for you! (My mother-in-law is loves those things)

I have to show you this On-The-Go Car Activity Mat, your boys would love it.

http://fiskarscraft.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/03/onthego-car-activity-mat-fiskarscraft.html