Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Romano Family Reunion

The weekend following Little Grams Birthday celebration my 3 boys and I tracked up to Prescott for Collins dad's family reunion. This was a correlation of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and some 4th cousins. Everyone brought different pictures and stories to share. Collin's aunt Carol brought some  500 yr old wedding sheets that she inherited from her mother. Attached to the sheets she had a paper where her mother told the story her father told her when he inherited them from his parents.

Collin and the boys drove up Friday late morning, and since I had to work I didn't get there until Friday evening. All weekend was spent eating and talking in the true Italian style. It was so much fun to meet all the family members and see how we are all related.
And the genealogy they had there dated back into the 1700's! We had so much fun and I can't wait until we get together again in a couple of years.

No comments: