Saturday, February 12, 2011

1 Bucket List Goal down!

So when I was about 8 or 9 years old my mom taught me how to crochet. I have gone back and forth for many years crocheting. I will make a couple of wash cloths, or a scarf and be done or a couple more years. Then after I had Noah it graduated to crocheting the edges of blankets. But I have NEVER taken the time to learn how to read a crochet pattern.
I have finally done it! My first one was a earwarmer headband from my friends crocheting company called Polka Dot Posh. Cassi has some of the cutest hats, diaper covers, shoes, and baby photo props that I have ever seen.

I technically can't say that one is complete because I still have to sew on a button before it can be worn. But I can say I finished this one! I saw on a crafting website somewhere a lady made a Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas) hat and I knew my boys and husband would love to have one. So I found a basic pattern for a fitted hat and then crocheted eyes and sticked on his nose and mouth. I love it and Nick has yet to take it off since I put it one him. It is a little tight on his head, but my kids have big heads. Most toddler heads I think it would be great on! Excuse his red eyes and his running nose, he was just crying from being woken up from a nap.


No comments: