Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Aunt Susie

ΩThis post is dedicated to my Dear Aunt Susie. As she pointed out to me oh so kindly, I forgot to mention that she was at the post Christmas breakfast at my Aunt Gretchen's house. At first I thought, no way. She's wrong. Then I checked and she was RIGHT! So to make it up to her she gets a posting of her very own. Because that is how much I love her!

I know she might kill me for using this photo, but oh well. I love it! This picture is Susie. She is silly, she is always out for a laugh, and loves to eat (who doesn't!) 

One of my first memories of Susie is at Christmas time. I remember she was laying in bed with me Christmas eve and kept trying to bribe me to fall asleep. Santa won't come if your awake, just close your eyes, and just as I was drifting off. "Did you hear that!!! I think it was Santa Clause! Hurry pretend your asleep." 
(This isn't Christmas, its Easter- but I don't have many pictures of us together- This is Shannon, Susie and Me)

Susie is just a little bit over 29, but she is still a kid at heart. She has served in the YW's for over ten years. She isn't the type of leader who you just see on sundays, she knows her girls. They come to her for everything. She will take them on trips, on QT (formally known as Circle K) Runs, the girls will sleepover and just come to watch TV with her. Any monday night you can always find her house full of girls. She is a second mom to those girls. 
She often wonders why 16 year old girls want to hang out with her. It's because Susan loves life. She loves people, she is always looking to serve. Who wouldn't want to hang out with someone like that, even if they are 29 a couple times over?? 

Susan also likes to teach people to drive. One summer while visiting my grandparents out in Blanding, UT. She took my cousin Ashley and I out into the middle of no where to practice driving. We would be chugging along and all of a sudden she yelled "STOP!" as loud as she could. Both Ashley and I had a mini heart attack, and luckily Ashley was driving at the time, she slammed on the breaks, and screeched to a stop. We both look at her wondering did we hit something and not know it? Does she have to pee her pants? Why are we stopping!?!? Susan said "Good job! You were paying attention." So from then on Ash and I sat on pins and needles just waiting for her to yell "Stop" at us again. 

Susie has a couple of loves in her life. The first two are Boo and Zoey. Her two Yorkies. These are her girls. Her little babies and she loves them and they love her. 

Next, QT. Susie believes that heaven is like QT. They have everything there and she visits it usually twice a day. Her favorite items. Rooster Booster (on tap) and Taquitos.
Susie loves to be outside. She loves to sit outside and read, or work on her yard, go hiking, walking, if it is outside you can bet she will be up for it!


Family. Susie LOVES her family. Even my mom, who is her archenemy. We all have one. Mine is Melissa. They usually come in sister form, due to the fact they wronged us when we were growing up.

                 
Susie is one of my favorite people. I know that no matter what she will be there for me and love me always. I miss her so much and I can't wait to be back in Arizona just to be closer to her. 

I love you so much Susie. Please accept this as my apology for not putting your name down for Post Christmas Breakfast. I don't know what I would do without you!

1 comment:

Mel said...

hahaha! so true- suzie is mom's archnemesis