Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fish is a Fish

At the beginning of the summer Noah saw a fishing pole at a garage sale. He just had to have it. The pole was a $1 so I couldn't really refuse to much. The only problem; neither Collin or I fish. Collins hates fish, the smell the look the taste- so no fishing for him. I LOVE fish, sushi all that I'll take it. Plus cleaning out a fish doesn't really disgust me like it does him (Thanks dad!) But i don't have a fishing pole, or have ever really been fishing.
So when Fernando and Lauren came in to town Noah talked Fernando into taking him fishing. Now in Noah's mind if he was going to go fishing with Fernando they had to have matching shirts. So Lauren picked them up Bass Pro Shirts and Monday morning off they went!



Helping get the poles fixed and ready





Showing Noah what to do




His first cast




Just being a goober!


Lauren and I stayed while they got started and then later joined them again a little late with Nicklaus.

<>
Walking to a new spot
Then Fernando caught a fish! Noah was so excited! Both boys got to touch it and see how slimy the fish felt,

but only Noah was brave enough to give the fish a kiss
(side story) when I was his age my Hurst family went fishing and when they got back- they talked me into kissing the fish because he would turn into a handsome prince- bunch of liars I grew up with!)


About 10 min later Noah decided that we should put the fish back (due to Aunt Lauren talking about me eating it for lunch- THANKS LAUREN!)
And of course the fish had already moved on to little fishy heaven so Noah for about 15 min said he never wanted to go fishing again.
Now he can't wait to go again and told Fernando that when we see him at Christmas time he had better take him fishing again!

1 comment:

Mel said...

oh my gosh. i cannot believe you made him kiss that fish. and i also can't believe you didn't get nick a matching tshirt- explains his anna face in the pic